Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I love changing pillows!

I have had the same pillow covers on my couch for quite a while, and I was ready for a change! A couple years ago, I found the easiest instructions on how to make a pillow sham, or if you don't like the ruffly edge, you can just do a pillow cover by eliminating the extra fabric on the ends. Since it was for my living room couch, I prefer not to have the ruffle. (I would probably leave it on if it was for a pillow sham on my bed or something) Before:




After:



I decided to go with 3 big pillows instead of the 2 big, 2 little, cause I was watching "Color Splash with David Bromstadt" and he said he always likes things in odd numbers, 3 or 5, etc. so I thought I'd try it, and I do like it a lot better. Yay, pretty new colors for my couch! Love it!! To try these pillow covers yourself, check out the easy online instructions HERE!

1 comment:

Lissa said...

LOVE the color! I am in the process of trying to re-do some covers for my couch pillows as well. Thanks for the tips. And I heart Colorsplash too! My hubby can't stand how feminine he is but I think he is brilliant:)