Thursday, August 20, 2009

Why this blog?

I just thought I'd introduce myself and explain why I decided to create this blog. I've always had a desire to be creative and do things myself, and in the past I have done many craft projects, and looked up tutorials online of how to do things, or went to boutiques and said, "I could SO do that myself for way less money", but I was always too busy with work and other responsibilities that I didn't have time to do much with my desire. Now that my husband and I have two kids and enough financial aid through the University for his schooling, we're at a point where I can finally work one less job, and hopefully now have time to develop this burning interest of mine. Instead of doing one craft project every 3 or 4 months (yeah, I was WAY busy!) I hope to be doing things each week to make my home more beautiful, and to fulfill my desire to be creative and get a stronger sense of who I am and what I can create. The last few months I've been drooling over others crafty blogs, and learning things from their projects, but now is the time for me to go into action!! I'm so excited to start creating! My sister and mom have also caught the refinishing bug, and they've agreed to let me post some of their projects as well, in case I don't have time to get new projects on here as often as I'd like. Anyways, feel free to comment as often as you'd like, and let me know what you're working on too!

I just have to give a shout out to Andy Porter at
poppies@play, who is the author of the first "crafty/diy" blog that I started getting obsessed with! ;) She has so many cute ideas and information to help your own projects go smoother and easier. I've copied a lot of others project ideas because I've felt I didn't have the ideas in my own head (which is ok, and good practice, I think) but I love the quote on Andy's blog that says:
"Too many people believe that creativity is a talent with which some people are born and the rest of us can only envy. This is a negative attitude that is completely mistaken. Creativity is a skill that can be learned, developed and applied."~Edward de Bono
I believe that, and hopefully through "my creative attempts" I can develop that skill, and be able to learn and apply it in my projects! Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

Andy Porter said...

Oh my word!! You are the sweetest!! That was seriously so nice. Thanks so much!! I am so {flattered}!! You have got so much talent and I can't wait to see all of your future projects!!